This was a hit with the whole family. The quinoa made the meatballs extremely moist and put all of our old breadcrumbs to shame. It also added some extra protein, fiber and iron! We’ll take that. 🙂
• 1 lb ground chicken
• 1 medium onion (minced)
• 1 cup of cooked quinoa
• 1 medium size bottle of gluten free teriyaki sauce
Staples: Olive oil, sesame seeds (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cover baking tray with foil paper and coat with cooking spray
1. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in pan and sauté onions on medium until transparent and golden yellow. 3-4 minutes.
2. Transfer onions to mixing bowl (set aside pan for later). Add chicken and quinoa and stir until mixed thoroughly.
3. Make 2″ balls with mixture and place evenly on baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Pour teriyaki sauce in pan and heat. Simmer on low.
5. Once chicken balls are cooked through add to pan. Cover with sauce 2-3 times and top with sesame seeds if desired.
Serve as a snack, appetizer or on top of fried rice.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo