We love salty chips, especially tortilla chips. Yum! Like me, I bet you’ll be digging in tomorrow for Superbowl Sunday. Why not add this to our parties as a healthy option so when we feel like munching we’ll be filling up on all the good stuff. This dish is filled with fiber and protein to help keep us full and away from the fried foods. The chips didn’t get as crispy as I anticipated but I stacked them on a plate with a dollop of dip and ate them with a fork. Just as good!
• 16 oz bag of fresh carrot chips
Staples: Drizzle of olive oil. Spices – 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp ground pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp cumin
Black Bean Dip
• 1 15 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
• Half an onion diced
• 4 mini sweet peppers diced
• 1/2 lime
Staples: 1 tbsp olive oil. Spices – 1 tsp garlic powder, pinch of salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. In a large bowl toss carrots, olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika and cumin. Line and coat 2 trays with cooking spray. Place the carrots in one layer on the trays and cook for 40 min turning halfway.
2. While carrots cook heat olive in skillet to medium and sauté onions and peppers until onions turn golden and translucent. Add garlic, salt and pepper and continue cooking until fragrant.
3. In a medium bowl place black beans and squeeze lime. Mash with a masher or fork.
4. Add onion mixture to mashed beans and stir. Serve with carrot chips when ready.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo