Happy Sunday everyone. Over here its very cold and has been raining all day. We were all in the mood for some comfort food. Chicken tenders and a movie will be the perfect end to our weekend. Follow this recipe below for a zesty version of chicken fingers the whole family will adore.
• 2 lbs of chicken breast cut into tenders
• 2 cups of gluten free flour
• Zest of 1 whole lemon (save the lemon for salad dressing)
• 3 eggs
Staples: Spices – 1 tbsp dried thyme, salt and pepper to season. 4 tbsp of olive oil for frying.
1. Mix flour, lemon zest, thyme and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 2 shallow bowls. Beat eggs in a 3rd shallow bowl.
2. In an assembly line place 1 bowl of flour, the bowl of egg and the 2nd bowl of flour.
3. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil on medium in a large skillet.
4. One at a time coat tenders in flour mixture, egg and then flour mixture again.
5. Place tenders in skillet to cook. About 10 minutes each side or until no longer pink inside.
6. You will have to cook the tenders in 2 separate batches. Re-coat the pan with 2 tbsp olive oil.
7. For the salad dressing squeeze all of the juice from the lemon in a small bowl. Add about 1-2 tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper and whisk.
Serve tenders with a colorful salad and lemon vinaigrette.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo