This was the best sugar cookie recipe yet. I had to experiment with a few different types of gluten free flour before I found “the one”! If you are going to make this recipe I would buy Cup4Cup flour as you do not need to use xanthan gum. Xanthan gum helps keep your baked goods “stretchy” like bread and eliminates any crumbling. These cookies were the perfect texture and the dough was very easy to knead and cut. You would never know they’re gluten free.
• 1 cup butter (softened NOT melted)
• 1 cup granulated pure cane sugar
• 1 egg
• 3 cups of Cup4Cup flour www.cup4cup.com
Staples: 2 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a bowl cream butter and sugar until completely mixed.
2. Add egg and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour and baking powder. Add half of the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and stir. Add the other half. You might need to use your hands and knead on a floured counter.
4. Break off workable sections of the dough and roll out over a floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters.
5. Bake for 6-8 minutes. If you want a crispier cookie bake a little longer until th edges are golden.
Serve as is or decorate with your favorite toppings.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo