There is nothing more comforting then a warm, filling meatloaf on a Friday night. After a busy week to kick up your feet and indulge on a hearty meal is a great feeling. I love this version of meatloaves because they are individual, fit perfectly on your plate and low in fat and sugar. They take no time to make and little mess. They turned out extremely moist and flavorful. These meatloaves are very satisfying and definitely worth a try. I left one plain because my daughter doesn’t like spice. She LOVED this dish 🙂
• 3 shallots (about 1/3 cup)
• 1 egg
• 1 lb ground turkey
• 3 tbsp ketchup + 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
Staples: Spices – 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Chop shallots. Using cooking spray or olive oil coat a small skillet. Caramelize onions by cooking on medium heat for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients above including cooked shallots. Leave 1 tbsp ketchup and hot sauce for the topping.
3. Divide mixture into 4 parts and roll into balls. Place on a greased cooking sheet. brush top of balls with leftover ketchup or combine ketchup with hot sauce for a little more spice!
4. Cook meatloaves for 35 minutes or until insides are no longer pink.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo