This is probably my favorite “go to” recipe. It’s full of healthy ingredients and so easy to prep and make. Why serve frozen processed food when you can make this in the same amount of time using the same amount of effort! This meal is loaded with vitamins, fiber, protein and flavor. Try it out and make it your own. Follow my directions below and let me know how yours turns out.
By the way…feel free to load in the ingredients! Don’t be shy.
• Large bag of gluten free tortilla chips
• 1 lb ground chicken
• Lots of fresh and/or canned veggies (chopped tomato, green onions, avocado, canned corn, canned black beans)
• 1/2-1 cup Shredded Colby Jack cheese
Staples: Spices – 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp paprika, pinch salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. In a large skillet cook ground chicken. Add spices and stir.
2. In a casserole dish line the bottom with handfuls of tortilla chips.
3. Add cooked chicken on top followed by chopped vegetables. Top with shredded cheese.
4. Place dish in oven for 10 minutes to allow the dish to heat and the cheese to melt. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo