Before my daughter was diagnosed with celiac disease I used to make banana bread for my family, a lot. It has been a while since I’ve done so, and this time I had to get a little bit more creative. I used Cup4Cup gluten free flour and I managed to narrow it down to 4 ingredients for you. The results were moist, sweet and comforting. I think even better then before. I got a double thumbs up from my kids. Let me know what you think!
• 4 very ripe bananas (mashed well)
• 2 cups of Cup4Cup flour
• 1 cup pure cane sugar
• 2 eggs
Optional 3/4 cup chocolate chunks or chips (Enjoy Life)
Staples: 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
1. Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray and tap a pinch of flour along bottom and edges.
2. In a large bowl mix mashed bananas, sugar and eggs.
3. In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir. Add the rest and continue stirring until thoroughly combined. Add chocolate chips if desired.
5. Pour mixture into loaf pan and cook for 60-70 minutes. Remove and let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo