I had some chicken in my fridge and a bunch of asparagus stalks. I had never made a frittata before and wanted to give it a try. So, I rounded up my ingredients and prepped for this yummy dish! It was really easy to make and the result is hearty and flavorful. I’m going to serve my frittata with some ceasar salad and gluten free croutons. Can’t wait to dig in!
• 2 large chicken breasts cut into small stir fry pieces – Marinade with the juice of half a lemon, drizzle of olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder and salt and pepper.
• 2 cups asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
• 8 eggs
• 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Place marinated chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a large skillet to medium and add chicken mixture. Cook until no longer pink inside. 5-10 minutes. Add asparagus and cook until bright green.
3. Beat eggs and pour into skillet over chicken and asparagus mixture. Top with parmesan cheese. Turn burner to low and simmer covered for 20-25 minutes.
4. When done, turn oven on to broil and add the skillet to brown the top of the frittata.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo