Good morning! If you watched my Instagram video on how to make these Twice Baked Spaghetti Squash and fell in love…here is the full recipe. They were extremely filling, flavorful, hearty and delicious. This dish includes all the good stuff: fiber, protein, calcium and vitamin C. Give it a try and message me your results! xoxo
• 2 Spaghetti Squash
• 1 lb ground chicken + 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms (1 small container)
• 1 23 oz bottle of tomato sauce
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Staples: 3 tbsp olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper, 1 tbsp fresh chicken seasoning (equal parts thyme, sage and rosemary), 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. If it is too hard to cut place in microwave for a couple of minutes to soften.
2. Place squash on baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Turn the squash upside down and place tray in oven for 45 minutes.
3. While squash is cooking prepare the filling. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet and sauté mushrooms until soft and dark brown. Add 1 tbsp of the fresh chicken seasoning and stir. Remove mushrooms from skillet.
4. In the same skillet add ground chicken and 1/2 tsp garlic powder and cook until no longer pink. Add the mushrooms back to the skillet and stir. Pour the entire bottle of tomato sauce over the mixture and reduce heat to simmer.
5. When the squash is done remove from oven and flip squash upright using tongs. Scrape the insides of the squash using a fork and keep the “spaghetti” inside the squash shells. Add equal amounts of the chicken mixture to each halve and top with equal amounts of mozzarella.
6. Place back in the oven for 15 min. Remove and serve.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo