Today is all about oat flour. Oat flour is a great replacement and addition to white flour as it’s full of protein, fiber and nutrients. It also gives your baked goods texture. Place the oats in a food processor and blend until the oats are ground into small flakes and resemble flour. Do not over blend or it will start to clump.
It was extremely easy to whip up these pancakes this morning and they were a hit with my kids. If you like your pancakes on the sweet side feel free to add a tbsp of cane or brown sugar to the recipe or top the pancakes with pure maple syrup or honey. If you dive into the oat flour world and make these, let me know. I’d love to hear from you.
• 1 1/2 cups gluten free ground rolled oats
• 1 egg
• 1 cup of your favorite milk
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Staples: Pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl beat egg. Add milk and vanilla and stir.
2. In another bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir well. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes for the oat flour to soak up the liquid and allow the batter to thicken.
4. Heat a large skillet on medium and coat with cooking spray or oil. Spoon the batter onto the skillet in 3″ diameter circles. Cook evenly on both sides (until golden brown).
Makes 8-10 pancakes. Serves 4.
Easy Peasy. Enjoy! xoxo