Like many of you I love a good chip. Salty, crunchy, flavorful and comforting…they are a go to snack for my whole family. When I learned about Kale chips my heart skipped a beat. Another vegetable I can make into a chip? I’m in! Kale is a dense leafy green that is high in protein, fiber, folate, vitamin B and many more essential nutrients. I read about the cheesy taste of nutritional yeast and how the two combined made for a delicious cheesy chip. So I jumped right in and made a recipe. Nutritional yeast is gluten and nut free and full of many essential nutrients that your body needs. A small amount can give you your recommended daily intake of B vitamins. Follow my recipe below for a very easy way to make these delicious Kale Nachos.
• 1 large bushel of Kale (about 10 cups)
• 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
• Drizzle of olive oil
• Salt and pepper to season
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. You may have to make your chips in 2 batches. Separate the leaves from the stem and tear them into smaller pieces. Do not make the leaves too small as they will shrink in the oven.
2. In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients with a wooden spoon.
3. Place kale on baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and serve right away.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo