Here’s to another fresh and tangy salad just in time for the beautiful spring season. This salad if full of vitamins and nutrients. I used 5 oz of pomegranate seeds in this salad! Pomegranate seeds (arils) are an antioxidant that are high in fiber, vitamins K, C, B6, Folate and low in calories. I love sprinkling them onto salads as they are sweet and add a delightful crunch. Paired with a creamy feta cheese it kind of reminds me of a cream cheese and jam sandwich! 🙂 Follow the recipe below for a fresh and cleansing spring salad. Top with a dressing of your choice or toss with my Raspberry Vinaigrette. Directions below!
• 5 oz container of spring mix salad
• 5 oz container of pomegranate seeds
• 1/3 cup feta cheese
• 1 acorn squash
Staples: Drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to season.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out seeds with a spoon.
2. Cut acorn squash into slices length wise and place flat onto a greased baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes flipping slices half way through.
3. When the acorn squash is about 5 minutes from being done place the mixed greens in a large bowl and toss with your Raspberry Vinaigrette. When the squash is done layer on top of the salad. Sprinkle the feta cheese on top and then the pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.
• 1 cup of fresh raspberries
• 1/3 cup of olive oil
• 1/3 cup of honey
• The juice of 1 large lemon
Staples: pinch of salt and pepper
1. In a food processor add all of the ingredients and pulse until smooth and creamy. Serve!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo