This was a very fresh and light meal. Perfect for lunch or dinner you’ll finish feeling satisfied, healthy and full of energy. I topped my lettuce cups with a little BBQ sauce. Feel free to use any sauce you’d like. Sriracha, Bbq, teriyaki, freshly squeezed lemon…make these your own. Or enjoy them as is. Happy weekend everyone!
• 1 head butter lettuce (separated and rinsed)
• 1 lb stir fry chicken pieces
• Vegetables – 1/2 cup diced peppers, 1/2 cup diced onions, 2 corn on the cobs (boiled and grilled if desired)
Staples: 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper to season
1. In a large pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium to high. Fully cook chicken about 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Add spices and mix well. Remove from pan.
2. In the same pan add pepper and onion and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Add the chicken back into pan and mix with the vegetables.
3. Place lettuce cups on a plate and fill with chicken and vegetable mixture. Using a sharp knife cut the corn kernels off the cob and sprinkle on top of cups. Serve with your favorite gluten free BBQ sauce!
Easy peasy. Enjoy!