Sheet pan chicken dishes are all the rage. They are so easy to make and serve and they look beautiful! I decided to make a sheet pan chicken dish using green vegetables. Bright green vegetables are high in fiber, folic acid, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, low in fat and low in calories. Because of this they are useful in reducing the risk of heart disease. Follow my recipe below for an easy, healthy, tasty, green chicken dish. Easy peasy!
• 6 chicken breasts
• 2 broccoli crowns (stems cut off and sliced), 10 brussel sprouts (halved), 1/2 large onion (sliced), 10 asparagus (ends cut off and cut into thirds)
• 1/2 bunch of sage leaves (chopped)
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Staples: 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 3 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper to season
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper. Place broccoli slices, halved brussel sprouts and onions evenly on the tray. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place chicken breasts evenly on top of the vegetables.
3. Make dressing by mixing the lemon zest, 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Using a basting brush, brush the tops of the chicken breasts with the lemon dressing. Finish by squeezing the lemon juice all over dish.
4. Place tray in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. In the meantime toss the asparagus thirds in a bowl with 1 tsp olive oil and salt and pepper. Place the asparagus over the dish when done and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove and serve.
Serves 4-6 people
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo