I don’t cook beef that often but my family loves it. Today I am surprising them with some beef tenderloin tacos. I like beef tenderloin as it’s soft, low fat and very juicy. You all know that I love cassava tortillas so I made some to serve the meat on. I wish they were a little easier and less messy to make! I grilled some tomatoes on the grill pan with my tenderloin and whipped up some avocado cream to drizzle on top. These tacos are fresh, flavorful and paleo.
• 2 beef tenderloins
• 2 medium tomatoes (sliced)
• 1/2 cup chopped sweet peppers + 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
• 4 cassava tortillas (recipe on blog) or your favorite gluten free tortillas
Staple: 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, salt and pepper to season.
• 2 avocados (peeled and pitted)
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Coat a large grill pan with olive oil and heat on high.
2. When your grill pan is hot (about 3 minutes) turn it to medium/high.
3. Season both sides of your tenderloins with salt and pepper and place on grill. Cook 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Longer if you’d like it medium well.
4. When the tenderloin is done remove from grill and slice 1/2″ thick. In the meantime brush a small amount of olive oil onto the sliced tomatoes and place them on top of the grill. Cook for about 1 minute each side.
5. Assemble your taco. Place cassava tortilla on a plate. Top with grilled tomatoes, tenderloin slices, sweet peppers, cabbage and cilantro leaves. Drizzle with avocado cream.
1. In a small food processor purée all of the ingredients until creamy. Remove and serve.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo