This is one of my favorite meals. I had leftovers for lunch! It is carb free, paleo and full of protein, fiber and flavor. It is a very simple dish but will keep you full and satisfied. Give this a try and let me know what you think!
• 4 salmon filets (seasoned with salt and pepper)
• 1 large head of cauliflower
• 1 shallot (peeled and chopped)
• 1/2 cup chicken stock
Staples: 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Parsley or cilantro leaves to garnish.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Cut the cauliflower head into florets, removing the stem. In a large bowl combine cauliflower, shallots, olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper.
2. Place cauliflower on a baking tray. Cook for 30 min. Remove and flip pieces. Bake another 30 min. When done remove and place cauliflower and shallots into a food processor (you may also use a hand blender). Add chicken stock. Purée until smooth.
3. Place a large grill pan on the stovetop, coat with cooking spray and heat to high. Turn to medium and place salmon filets upside down. Cook for 4 minutes. Flip skin side down and cook another 4 minutes.
4. In a bowl place cauliflower mash and the salmon on top. Garnish with your favorite herb. I loved mine with cilantro leaves.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo