For those who are celebrating Rosh Hashanah we wish you a Shana Tova. Happy New Year! Apples and Honey are enjoyed on this holiday as they symbolize a sweet new year. Below are some Apple, Honey, Top 8 Allergen Free Cookies. They smell, look, and taste just like the cookies my Bubby used to make but free from all of the 8 common allergens. They take no time at all and are made using one bowl! Easy peasy!
• 1 small apple
• 1/2 cup applesauce
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/2 cup quinoa flakes + 1/2 cup gluten free oatmeal
Staples – 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder. Optional topping: 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp cane sugar.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Peel, slice and chop your apple.
2. In a medium bowl combine the applesauce, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and apples.
3. Add quinoa flakes, oats and baking powder. Stir.
4. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper. Using your mixing spoon evenly place batter onto tray. Makes 9 cookies. Using your fingers neatly press cookies into circular shapes.
5. Option to sprinkle cookies with cinnamon and cane sugar. In a small bowl mix cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle on top of cookies.
6. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
Makes 9 cookies.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo
One Comment Add yours
Will make these cookies ASP!!!