What to do with leftover chicken? Why is that always the question? We make chicken so often in our home and jazzing it up can be tough. Coming up with new recipes is hard, right?! Well I have one right here for you. And it’s top 8 allergen free!! No peanuts, tree nuts, gluten, eggs, dairy, fish, shellfish, or soy. This meal is made with real, whole foods and nothing processed!
• 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
• 1/4 cup dried gogi berries
• 1 green onion chopped, 1 chopped apple, 1 tbsp fresh parsley
• Avocado mayo (1 avocado, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp brown mustard + water to smooth)
Staples: 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
Base: 1 large sweet potato sliced 1/8″ and toasted (toast 1-2 times on each side), mixed greens with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp honey and 2 tbsp white balsamic vinaigrette
1. Combine shredded chicken, gogi berries, onion, apple, parsley, salt and pepper.
2. In a food processor purée avocado flesh, lemon juice and mustard. If your avocado isn’t quite ripe yet you may add water to smooth it out. 1 tbsp at a time.
3. Add avocado mayo to the chicken salad and stir.
4. Place your sweet potato toast on a plate and top with mixed greens. Add 1-2 scoops of chicken salad. Serve!
Serves 2-4 people
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo