This is the BEST meatloaf I’ve ever had! There is no added sugar in this recipe and everything is made with whole ingredients. No processed foods or grains! The sauce is delicious and full of fiber and the meatloaf has some hidden veggies. My kids had NO idea. Let me know what you think of this recipe. I served it with my Sweet and Spicy Roasted Brussel Sprouts and some sautéed mushrooms. Easy peasy and delicious!
BBQ Sauce Ingredients
• 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
• 4 oz dried prunes
• 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Staples: 1/4 cup water, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
BBQ Sauce Directions
1. Place all of the above ingredients in a food processor and purée until smooth. Note: You may need to add a little bit more water if your sauce is not smooth enough. Remove from processor and set aside.
Turkey Meatloaf Ingredients
• 1 lb ground turkey
• 1 onion chopped + 1/4 cup chopped celery
• 2 eggs
• 1 medium sweet potato
• 2 tbsp of your Homemade BBQ Sauce
Staples: 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp dried parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
Turkey Meatloaf Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Peel and cube sweet potato and boil for 20 minutes or until soft.
2. Remove sweet potato from water and mash with a fork.
3. In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients above including the mashed sweet potato.
4. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray and fill with your meat mixture.
5. Place meatloaf in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes remove and spread bbq sauce on top. There will be some leftover for dipping!
6. Place the meatloaf back in the oven and bake 30-40 more minutes.
7. Remove, slice and serve!
Serves 6-8 people
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo