I am always looking for a healthy cookie recipe that is low in fat and high in fiber. I don’t like to cook often with butter and I’m constantly looking for alternatives. Mashed chickpeas are a wonderful additive to your baking as they keep things moist and add a nice amount of protein and fiber. This recipe is dairy free, gluten free and nut free! My kids loved them and had no idea there were chickpeas lurking inside 😉 They were a tasty treat this past halloween weekend.
• 1 15.5 oz can of chickpeas (drained)
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup cane sugar + 1/4 cup brown cane sugar
• 1 cup Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour
• 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Morsels
Staples: 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a large bowl mash chickpeas.
2. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla and whisk.
3. Pour in flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper and using a small ice cream scooper (1 tbsp). Scoop dough onto sheet pan about 2″ apart. I had to cook mine in 2 batches.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and serve!
Makes 22 cookies
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo