Looking for a way to spice up your chicken? This meal is delicious and filling. It goes great with roasted rosemary potatoes (toss some cubed potatoes in olive oil with a little salt and pepper and fresh chopped rosemary. Place them in the oven with your chicken and bake for an hour). Follow the recipe below for restaurant style flavor. It is healthy, lower in fat, and contains protein and calcium. Let me know what you think. This dish is Gluten, nut, egg, fish, and shellfish free!
• 4 chicken breasts
• 1 cup gluten free pretzels
• Filling – 1 large celery stalk (chopped), 2 green onions (chopped), 1/4 cup blue cheese
• 1/4 cup light ranch dressing + 2 tbsp hot sauce
Staples: 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Pound each chicken breast using a meat mallet and set aside.
2. Add the pretzels, paprika, and garlic powder to a food processor and grind until it resembles bread crumbs. Place the pretzel crumbs in a shallow bowl.
3. Mix the ranch dressing and hot sauce in a small bowl.
4. One at a time lay your chicken breasts flat on a cutting board and coat the top surface with the ranch/hot sauce using a basting brush or spoon. Place some blue cheese, celery, and green onions at the top of your chicken breast. Roll the chicken like a tortilla. When done roll the chicken in the pretzel crumbs to coat. Place each Buffalo Chicken Roll Up on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
5. When all of your pieces are on the sheet pan place it in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
Remove, slice and serve!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo