Happy Tuesday everyone. I recently took a trip to Costco and purchased one of their large pieces of salmon (I was able to cut it into 5 fillets!). Their salmon is sold with the skin off and they all looked so beautiful I couldn’t resist. I thought a lot about how I could make a salmon dish that was a little more exciting and came up with this gluten free recipe below. It is tangy, crunchy and citrusy. I plated our pieces on top of a bed of lentils and rice. I hope you like it!!
• 3-4 salmon fillets
• 1 tbsp gluten free dijon mustard
• 3/4 cup gluten free panko crumbs
• 1 tsp lemon zest
Staples: salt and pepper to season, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp chopped or dried parsley, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Line a sheet pan with foil paper and coat it with cooking spray.
2. Lay the salmon fillets evenly on the foil paper and season them with salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl mix the dijon mustard and honey. Using a basting brush, brush the mixture on top of each salmon fillet.
4. In a medium bowl combine the gluten free panko crumbs, lemon zest, chopped parsley, garlic and olive oil.
5. Evenly distribute the panko topping over the fillets.
6. Place the tray into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Remove and serve your fish over a salad, rice, quinoa, lentils, or steamed vegetables.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo