Autumn is my favorite season of the year. The colors, flavors, and temperature outside is perfect! I love putting on my boots and coat and walking through the crispy leaves. I feel cleansed as the cool air fills my lungs. Nothing beats the Fall! I decided to whip up a sweet pumpkin dessert for my family and they vanished overnight!! We devoured them. These squares have a light and fluffy, cakey and pillowy consistency. The hint of Autumn spice warms you as you take your first bite. These would be great with warm apple cider. Maybe that will be a future recipe! Enjoy this sweet cakey treat this weekend. And as always, let me know what you think.
• 1 cup Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free Flour
• 3/4 cups cane sugar
• 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
• 1/2 package Enjoy Life Mega Chunks
Staples: 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp allspice, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the butter, egg and vanilla. Add the pumpkin purée and continue to whisk.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir. Then add the chocolate chunks and mix well.
4. Coat a 8″ x 11″ baking dish with cooking spray and spread batter evenly into the dish.
5. Place the dish into the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
6. Remove and allow to cool. Slice into squares and serve.
Makes 15 squares
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo