Happy New Year!! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a very happy and safe New Year. I am so excited about 2018. I have lots of great recipes up my sleeve and I can’t wait to share them with all of you. We will continue to make easy recipes together that are always gluten and nut free! You know I love to hear from you so please write me anytime with questions, ideas, or reviews of what you try! I thought we would start the New Year off with bang and make a flavorful Gluten Free Lasagna. If you are as cold as I am you’ll love to snuggle up to this warm and comforting dish tonight. Let me know how yours turns out.
• 9 pieces of gluten free lasagna noodles cooked according to directions on the package.
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 25 oz jar gluten free tomato sauce
• Cheeses – 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese, 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
• 1 egg
• 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
Staples: 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp dried parsley, salt and pepper to season, cooking spray.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Spray a 8 x 12″ casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Cook ground beef in a skillet coated with cooking spray on medium/high. Sprinkle with garlic and cook until done (5-7 minutes). Drain any excess liquid. Pour in tomato sauce. Add basil, oregano, parsley, and salt and pepper. Continue to stir. Heat until warm and then turn off burner.
3. In a bowl mix together the ricotta cheese and the egg until fluffy.
4. Spread 1/3 of the meat mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish.
5. Place 3 noodles evenly on top. Add 1/3 more of the meat mixture and then top with 1/2 of the ricotta cheese and finish with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat this step.
6. Top with the last three noodles. Sprinkle spinach on top, then 1/2 cup of mozzarella and finish with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
7. Cover lasagna with foil paper and bake for 45 min. Remove foil and bake 15 more minutes.
8. Remove and serve.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo
4 Comments Add yours
Looks delicious. You remind me I have a big container of ricotta in my spare fridge! I’ve always wanted to make it with Spinach.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Add spinach in between the layers!! You can lie them flat right over the cheese. YUM!!
Looks great! What brand of cheese do you use ?
Hi Emily! I use Gluten Free Wegmans brand Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and BelGioioso Ricotta. They have all seemed to be ok for my daughter. What do you use?