Happy Saturday everyone! I don’t think the temperature on the East Coast can get much colder. Warm up with this comforting, lower fat, low sugar, gluten free Sloppy Joe sandwich! Stay warm and stay safe this weekend xo
• 1 lb ground beef (93% lean 7% fat)
• 1/2 onion chopped
• 1 cup sliced mushrooms
• 1 14oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
Staples: Cooking spray, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp basil, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp parsley, 1/4 tsp allspice, salt and pepper to season.
1. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Sauté onions on medium heat until golden brown and translucent. Add Mushrooms and continue to sauté until the mushrooms are slightly darker in color. Remove veggies from pan and place into a bowl.
2. In the same skillet cook ground beef (about 5-7 minutes) until no longer red. Add canned tomatoes and veggies back into the skillet. Stir. Add all of the spices and continue to stir. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
3. Serve mixture on top of Udis Gluten Free White Sandwich Bread or bun of your choice. Sprinkle mozzarella or cheddar cheese on top if desired. Serve with pickles and tortilla chips!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo