This one pan Baked Lemon Chicken Schnitzel with Roasted Potatoes is not only very easy to make but it is bursting with flavor. I think it is now one of my favorite chicken dishes and I can’t wait to make it again and serve on top of a salad for lunch! It was even a hit with my son who is one of the pickiest eater I know. Follow the simple directions below for a meal your whole family with love. I roasted some broccoli on the side to add to our dinner. Feel free to serve this dish on it’s own or with a salad, steamed veggies, or your favorite legumes.
• 3 large chicken breasts or 4 small
• 1 egg + 1 whole lemon (zest and juice) + 1 tbsp chopped parsley
• 3 medium sized potatoes (3 cups cubed)
• 1 cup gluten free panko crumbs
Staples: Drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to season
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. In a large bowl whisk the egg, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, and 1 tbsp of parsley until combined. Dredge the chicken breasts into the mixture. Marinate while you’re preparing the potatoes.
2. Cube your potatoes and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper.
3. Fill a shallow bowl with the gluten free panko crumbs.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. One at a time take each chicken breast out of the lemon mixture and coat each side with the panko crumbs. Place each piece of chicken evenly on the baking sheet.
5. Spread out your potatoes on the sheet below the chicken.
6. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. During the last 15 minutes turn the oven up to 425 degrees to brown and crisp the chicken.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo