This chili recipe is one of my all time favorite “in a crunch” meal. I made sure to include lots of veggies to add color and extra vitamins. I love the olives. They add a nice texture and a bit of a salty taste. The chili is done in about 10 minutes and it’s very filling, hearty, tasty, and versitile. You can serve it on top of tortilla chips, in a taco shell or cups, on top of a salad, on a bun, over a potato…the possibilities are really endless with this dish. It is also very comforting on these chilly winter days. My whole family enjoyed it. I hope yours does too!
• 1/2 onion chopped
• 1 lb ground turkey
• 28 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
• Veggies – 15 oz can chili beans (or your favorite beans), 15 oz can corn, 4 oz can sliced black olives
Spices – 2 tsp paprika, 2 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper. If you like “heat” add 1/8 – 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper.
1. Coat the bottom of a large pot with cooking spray. Sauté the chopped onion on medium heat until it starts to get tender, about 3 minutes. Add the ground turkey and cook it all the way through until it’s no longer pink.
2. Add the entire can of fire roasted tomatoes and stir.
3. Add the beans, corn and olives and continue to stir.
4. Finish your chili by adding all of the spices and mix well. Continue cooking until the chili is heated through and it begins to bubble.
5. When done serve on top of tortilla chips!! Sprinkle Cheddar cheese and chopped chives on top if desired.
Makes 4 heaping servings.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo