• 5 cups chicken broth
• 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
• 1 8 oz package frozen mushrooms (I used Wegmans Just Picked Fire Roasted Steak Cut Portabella Mushrooms…they were perfect for this recipe!)
• 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Staples: 1 tbsp butter or margarine, (I bought a small, fresh poultry seasoning pack for this) 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil, 1 tsp fresh thyme, 1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary, 1 tsp chopped sage, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a medium sauce pan boil all of the chicken broth.
2. In a large oven safe pot place place the arborio rice and all of the spices except for the salt and pepper and mix together. Once the soup is boiled pour 4 cups into the large pot and stir. Cover with a lid and place into the oven. Cook for 45 minutes.
3. When done take the pot out of the oven (handle will be VERY hot…I covered mine with an oven mitt). Remove the lid and pour the rest of the chicken broth inside. Stir. Add the butter, frozen mushrooms and parmesan cheese and continue to stir. Put some hip action into it as you’ll want everything to blend well! Season with Salt and pepper and serve!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo