• 1 package of extra firm tofu
• 2 cups broccoli florets, 2 cups carrots, 1 cup chopped yellow or green zucchini
• Peanut Free Peanut Sauce (recipe below)
Staples: 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, drizzle of olive oil
Peanut Free Peanut Sauce – Ingredients & Directions
• 1/2 cup of your favorite peanut free peanut butter
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp rice vinegar
• 1 tbsp sugar
Staples: 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 cup water
1. Whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl until combined.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
1. Press the tofu!! This is very easy. Open and drain the tofu. Wrap the entire block of tofu in a layer of paper towel and then a dish towel. Put it on a plate and place something heavy on top. I used a pot filled with fruit! Now leave it for as long as you can. Minimum of 20 minutes.
2. In a large bowl toss your veggies with a drizzle of olive oil, garlic powder, and ginger. Lay parchment paper on top of a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Spread the vegetables evenly on the tray.
3. Unwrap the tofu and discard paper towel. Slice the brick width wise 3 times so that you have 3 large rectangles. Slice those rectangles in half width wise and then cut the smaller rectangles on a diagonal into triangles.
4. Brush the tops of the triangles with your peanut free peanut sauce. Place the triangles on the baking sheet in between the vegetables sauce side down. Then coat the tops of the tofu with more peanut free peanut sauce. Keep the remaining sauce to drizzle on top when done. I like to use a small squeeze bottle to store the sauce.
5. Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes flipping the veggies and tofu halfway through. When done, remove, drizzle with extra sauce and serve on top of rice.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo