My husband and daughter love red meat. I don’t eat it that much but I am a fan of the sweet and sticky beef I used to enjoy as a child when we went out for Chinese food!! I made this the other night and we all really enjoyed it. It is an easy peasy recipe with few ingredients. Serve on top of your favorite rice or greens. Let me know what you think!
• 1.5 – 2 lbs flank steak
• 1/3 cup corn starch
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 tbsp chopped chives
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1/2 cup brown sugar or honey
• 1 clove garlic + 1″ piece of ginger (both grated)
• 1/2 cup water + 1 tsp corn starch (mixed well)
1. Slice steak against the grain, into 1/8″ thick pieces. Place steak slices into a large ziploc bag and add corn starch. Shake well to coat. Place the ziploc bag in the fridge while you make the sauce.
2. For the sauce, whisk all of the ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Keep aside until you’re ready to use!
3. You are going to have to cook your meat in two batches. Pour 1 tbsp coconut oil onto a large skillet and heat on medium/high. Add 1/2 of the steak and brown. Remove and place into a bowl. Add 1 more tbsp of coconut oil and brown the rest of the meat.
4. Return the first batch of meat to the pan and add the sauce. Stir until the meat is nicely coated and the sauce thickens. Remove and sprinkle with chives.
Easy Peasy. Enjoy! xoxo