My daughter, husband and I absolutely LOVE fish tacos. They are so fresh and flavorful and full of all sorts of essential vitamins. Fish tacos are naturally gluten free as they’re served over corn tortillas.
The only thing that requires some work in this recipe is the chopping of the veggies so feel free to prep it all before you bake the fish. You can even make the Mango Salsa and Cilantro Lime Aioli the night before. This is my favorite recipe yet! I hope you enjoy it 🙂
• 1 1/2 lbs cod
• 8 corn tortillas (gluten free)
• 1 cup of shredded purple cabbage
• 1 avocado peeled and sliced
Staples: 2 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp southwest seasoning
• 2 cups diced mango
• 1 cup diced red pepper
• 1/4 cup diced red onion
• 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Staples: 1 tbsp olive oil and the juice of one lime (about 2 tbsp)
Cilantro Lime Aioli
• 3/4 cup mayonnaise
• Zest and juice of 1 lime
• 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Cover a baking sheet with foil paper and spray with cooking spray. On a cutting board cut the cod fillets into rectangular pieces. Brush olive oil over the cod pieces and then evenly rub the southwest seasoning on top. Place the fish pieces onto the foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
2. Place all of the Mango Salsa ingredients into a large bowl and combine.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the Cilantro Lime Aioli. I like to put my aioli in a squeeze bottle for easy drizzling 🙂
4. Assemble the tacos by placing 1-2 pieces of fish on top of a tortilla. Place a couple of slices of avocado beside the fish. Top with the mango salsa, shredded cabbage, and a drizzle of aioli. Serve with lime wedges.
Makes 8 tacos (4 servings)
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo