The summer is great for enjoying tropical fruit. This recipe uses papaya to lighten and sweeten up your traditional bruschetta. I made some grilled chicken to go with it but the pairing options are endless. This bruschetta would go great with any BBQ meat or some gluten free pasta. Easy peasy meal prepping just in time for the weekend.
• 1 cup chopped papaya (cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds, scoop out of peel and chop)
• 1 cup chopped tomato
• 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
• 1 bag of Udi’s Gluten Free Classic French Dinner Rolls (6 rolls)
Staples: 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil, salt and pepper to season, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp powdered garlic.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
1. In a large bowl combine papaya, tomato, onion, basil, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Slice each roll in half lengthwise and place evenly on a baking sheet. Brush each half with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder and then season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the tray in the oven for 5-6 minutes until the rolls are toasted. The tray should be placed on the top rack.
4. Remove the tray from oven and place papaya mixture onto each half of bread. Serve!
Makes 12 pieces. Serves 4-8
Easy peasy. Enjoy!