Pressed tofu is a fabulous alternative to chicken or beef. It is hearty and meaty and serves as a great protein on top of a salad, rice, in a sandwich or on its own. It’s super easy to press tofu to give it that harder consistency. I’m going to teach you how below…
• 1 package of extra firm tofu
• 1/2 cup gluten free pure maple syrup
• 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
• 4 Tbsp soy sauce
Staples: Spices – 1/4 tsp ground pepper
1. Remove tofu from package and drain water. Wrap tofu tightly in a few pieces of paper towel and cover with a dish towel.
2. Place Tofu wrap on a plate and stack something heavy on top such as a pot, cook books, dish etc. Let sit for 20 minutes or longer.
3. While tofu condenses mix the marinade. In a small bowl combine all of the marinade ingredients and spice.
4. When the tofu is done remove the towels (they will be wet). Slice the tofu width wise into 3 pieces and place into a shallow dish. Cover with sauce and place in fridge for 20 min.
5. Remove tofu from fridge and flip pieces inside the dish to soak up the sauce. Most will already be absorbed.
6. Turn oven on to broil. Place tofu pieces onto a baking sheet covered with cooking spray. Place the tray into the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes on each side. Remove and enjoy!
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo