This recipe is really fun to make with your kids! From the chemical reaction you see from mixing the baking soda and baking powder with water to rolling out and twisting the dough…it’s non stop fun! The results are sweet and salty. Below is a recipe for an easy cinnamon and sugar dip. I like to dip my pretzels in something sweet but if you prefer mustard than try these with a gluten free brown spicy or plain yellow mustard. Happy National Pretzel Day. xo
• 1 cup Cassava flour
• 1 egg + 1 egg yolk for egg wash
• 2 tbsp cane sugar
• 2 tbsp olive oil
Staples: Sea salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 cup of water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Pour water into a medium bowl. Add baking powder and baking soda and watch it bubble 🙂 Stir. Immediately add flour, egg, sugar and olive oil and stir until it resembles dough.
2. Remove dough and place on parchment paper. Cut dough into 6-7 equal parts.
3. Take each section and carefully roll out to resemble a snake. Take each end of the snake cross and fold down to create a pretzel shape! Place pretzels on a greased baking tray and coat with egg yolk wash. sprinkle with sea salt and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and serve.
Cinnamon Sugar Dip
• 3 tbsp cream cheese
• 1 tbsp cane sugar
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• Pinch of allspice
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and serve. Keep refrigerated.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo