These turned out really yummy, firm and colorful!! My husband even ate 2 and he’s not a big veggie person. The burgers are made with all natural, whole foods, no fillers and 100% vegetarian. Try them tonight. They are full of fiber from the vegetables, quinoa and chickpeas. Eat these on top of a salad, wrap or gluten free bun. Enjoy!
• 2 cups of peeled cubed beets
• 1 egg + 1 egg white
• 1 15 oz can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
• 1 cup of cooked quinoa
Staples: 1 shallot cubed or 1 tsp onion powder, 1/4 cup fresh parsley (slightly chopped) or 1 tbsp dried, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp coriander, salt and pepper to season.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. In a food processor chop beets. Add shallot and purée until well blended but not juicy.
2. In a large bowl add chickpeas and mash slightly (some of the chickpeas will still be whole)
3. Add beet mixture from food processor, egg and parsley and stir. Add cooked quinoa and spices. Continue to stir.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Create patties with the veggie mixture and evenly distribute on the sheet. Should make 6 patties. Place tray in the oven and bake for 30 min. Remove and serve.
Makes 6 veggie burgers
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo