These burritos were a hit with the entire family! My daughter is sensitive to spice so I didn’t add any chipotle spice to hers. My son prefers his vegetarian so I stuffed his with cheese and beans. This recipe is fun to make as a family. Everyone can customize their burritos to satisfy their personal taste. If you’d like to try my chipotle recipe follow the directions below!
• 4 chicken breasts cut into strips
• 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed) or a handful of sweet mini peppers (sliced)
• 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 package of soft gluten free wraps
Staples: 1 tbsp olive oil. Spices – 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper, 1/4 sea salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder.
1. Heat olive oil on medium in skillet. Place chicken strips in skillet and cook thoroughly until no longer pink inside. About 8 minutes each side.
2. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic and chipotle pepper on top and toss strips to coat. Remove strips from skillet and place on a plate. Keep skillet on stove and turn temperature to low.
3. Lay out tortilla flats and stuff with 2 chicken strips, beans or peppers, and a sprinkle of cheese. Wrap burrito by folding in the sides and roll over the stuffing away from you.
4. Place burrito back in the skillet, seam side down. Heat for 2-3 minutes, flip and heat the other side until toasted and cheese has melted.
Makes about 8 burritos
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo