Hi everyone! I just got over the flu and feeling back to myself just in time for the Oscars tonight! My daughter and I love watching the Red Carpet while enjoying a fresh dessert. Today I’m making apple pie. We can’t wait to snuggle and watch all the great fashion with some warm and comforting dessert. Why don’t you join us! Follow my easy recipe below.
• 1 package of GeeFree Puff Pastry sheets
• 7 apples cored, peeled and thinly sliced
• 3/4 cup pure cane sugar
• 2 tbsp gluten free flour
Staples: Spices – 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Place thinly sliced apples in a large bowl. In a small bowl mix sugar, flour and spices.
2. Pour dry mixture over apples and toss.
3. Roll out one sheet of GeeFree pastry using a little flour to keep from sticking to counter.
4. Place sheet inside un-greased pie dish and cut around edges.
5. Fill pie dish with apple filling.
6. Roll out second pastry sheet and cut out hearts using a cookie cutter. Place hearts on top of apple mixture.
7. Bake for 45 min. After 20 min cover the top with foil paper to avoid burning the hearts. Remove and allow to cool 15 minutes before cutting.
Easy peasy. Enjoy! xoxo